On Saturday Great Yarmouth Town travelled to twelfth place Diss town, for whom this was their last game of the season and a good crowd was in attendance. Again, the Bloaters had changes from the last game, the defeat at Sheringham on Tuesday. Elvijs Putnins returned in goal, Tyler Halliday, Brady Philpott and Josh Ford were still present, John Riches was missing from the back four with George Edwards going back in there and Jordan Cantwell was back in midfield. Alongside George Couzens, Jayden Snelling and Cameron Barnes. Ryan Jacobs came in to support Ryan Beeson up front with Danny Camish dropping down to the bench joining him was Ray Urry and Jay Orme

The opening exchanges in the first fifteen where evenly matched with both teams making use of the long throw to put pressure on the respective defences. The Bloaters were then forced to make a change following an unfortunate injury to Ryan Jacobs who went down clutching his knee in pain, which lead to him being carried off on a stretcher, investigations followed, he had dislocated his knee, which went back in place after a period of time. A sore one for him, with hopefully a quick recovery. He was replaced by Ray Urry who slotted into midfield, with Jayden Snelling moving up to support Ryan Beeson up front.

The game continued after an 8-minute delay with neither side really dominating, when Diss made a breakthrough with Tom Baird scoring for them, Diss then had period of dominance, The Bloaters had a couple of close efforts George Couzens hitting the post direct from a freekick. Yarmouth then had a good break down the right, Tyler Halliday played the ball across to the left where George Couzens got on the end of it to head back across the keeper for Ryan Beeson to ghost in and head in at the post. 1-1 at halftime.  

The second half began in the same vein with both sides working hard to break the other down, but neither really creating anything clear cut, Jayden Snelling was replaced by Danny Camish. When following one of the many long throws on exhibit from Josh Ford on the afternoon Ray Urry got his foot on a lose ball in the Diss penalty area to drill home off the underside of the bar. 1-2 to the Bloaters. With about ten to go it was a case of Yarmouth managing the game out which they managed with only one real close call, when Elvijs Putnins was forced to make a fine save following an attempted clearing header by Brady Philpott from a Diss corner, Diss pressed for the equaliser but never really threaten the Yarmouth goal after that, with skipper Cameron Barnes, Urry, Cantwell and Couzens all working hard in midfield not to let the points slip away. George Edwards and Josh Ford played a solid game in the middle of the back four. Ford had his name taken for timewasting and Danny Camish for a ‘tactical’ foul in the middle of the park. Final score Diss Town 1 – 2 Great Yarmouth Town.

With two games left one point would guarantee the Bloaters finishing 11th place in the league, any more and depending on others results they could still achieve as high as 7th  so plenty to play for in the remaining two game. At home to 5th placed Framlingham town on Saturday at the Wellesley, which the club are doing as ‘a pay what you want’ entrance fee. Final league game is on Easter Monday away to Leiston Res who sit immediately above Town in the league. Both games kick off at 15:00.

Team. E Putnins, T Halliday, J Ford, G Edwards, B Philpott, J Snelling, C Barnes, J Cantwell, G Couzens,

R Jacobs, R Beeson, Subs R Urry, D Camish, J Orme